Five games were on the IBA Week 9 schedule with all six ‘full’ league members in action. With a pair of home victories Schenectady Legends (3-0) remained undefeated and a serious threat to the regular season title. The Legends picked up wins over Binghamton Pioneers (0-2) and the debuting Jersey G-Force (0-1).
Legends co-captains Lloyd Johnson and EJ Gallup were dominating over the weekend, thrilling the local crowds. Johnson poured in 33 points against Binghamton and followed it up with a 43-point effort the next night. Gallup scored 65 points over the two games, providing a 1-2 tandem that has been unstoppable so far.
League-leading St. Louis Trotters (7-0) continue to just win, earning a hard-fought 14-point victory over the improving Kansas City Kryptonite (0-3). Kansas City, who lost their season opener by 24 points to St. Louis, trailed by just one 58-57 at halftime.
The two Illinois-based teams also earned wins over the weekend. International Racers (3-5) pulled off a minor upset, defeating Kenosha Ballers (4-3) in Lemont 140-136 while Kankakee County Soldiers (5-3) topped Lansing Capitals (0-5) by six.
Week 10 Schedule
Saturday, Nov. 16
- Lansing Capitals at St. Louis Trotters, 7 PM (at Mathews-Dickey Boys & Girls Club)
Sunday, Nov. 17
- Schenectady Legends at Binghamton Pioneers, 2 PM (at Binghamton HS)
- Kankakee County Soldiers at Kenosha Ballers, 5 PM (at Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha)
Week 9 Results
- Schenectady Legends 160, Binghamton Pioneers 121
- Schenectady Legends 126, Jersey G-Force 111
- St. Louis Trotters 130, Kansas City Kryptonite 116
- International Racers 140, Kenosha Ballers 136
- Kankakee County Soldiers 137, Lansing Capitals 131