Week 8 in the IBA featured the return of one team (Schenectady Legends) and the debut of another (Binghamton Pioneers). Those two Interstate 88 teams will rematch this Friday, this time two hours to the northeast in Schenectady.
Another team will make its IBA debut in Week 9: the Jersey G-Force will face the Legends on Saturday night. Jersey previously played one summer season (2012) in the International Basketball League. The team finished with a 4-2 record, winning their final three games.
In other Week 9 matchups: expansion team Kansas City Kryptonite (0-2) will travel to face the league leading St. Louis Trotters (6-0) and second-place Kenosha Ballers (4-2) travel to Lemond (IL) to face the International Racers (2-4) on Saturday. The weekend closes with a clash in Kankakee with the Kankakee County Soldiers (4-3) hosting St. Louis.
Week 9 Schedule
Friday, November 7
- Binghamton Pioneers at Schenectady Legends, 7 PM (at Amsterdam HS)
Saturday, November 8
- Jersey G-Force at Schenectady Legends, 7 PM (at Schenectady YMCA)
- Kansas City Kryptonite at St. Louis Trotters, 7 PM (at Mathews-Dickey Boys & Girls Club)
- Kenosha Ballers at International Racers, 7 PM (at Lithuanian World Center)
Sunday, November 9
- St. Louis Trotters at Kankakee County Soldiers, 5 PM (at KVPD RecCenter)
Week 8 Result
- Kankakee County Soldiers 126, International Racers 121
- Schenectady Legends 148, Binghamton Pioneers 85
- St. Louis Trotters 134, Kenosha Ballers 126