The St. Louis Trotters (4-0) remain the only undefeated team in the IBA and Lonnell Johnson is a big reason for that. Their most recent game had the Trotters on the road facing the five-time IBA champion Kankakee County Soldiers. Johnson led his team to a 124-120 victory scoring 30 points on 11-of-19 shooting while adding five rebounds, four assists and two steals.
A 2009 graduate of Missouri Western State, Johnson was named All-Mid America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) Honorable Mention in 2007-08 and 2008-09. His senior season Johnson led the team in scoring (14.3 ppg.) and steals (78) and was named to the 2009 MIAA Postseason All-Tournament Team.
After four games the 6’2″ guard is averaging 24.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.8 apg and 2.3 steals per game.
2014 IBA Players of the Week
- Week 1: Fred Gardner, Kankakee County Soldiers
- Week 2: Thomas Cobb, Kenosha Ballers
- Week 3: Marlowe Currie, St. Louis Trotters
- Week 4: Tyray Petty, Kenosha Ballers
The Independent Basketball Association was established in 2011 with teams based in the Midwest. The league has expanded to 18 teams while holding two separate seasons per calendar year. A spring season (March-June) is followed by a traditional winter season (September-January) with teams competing in one or both competitions each year.
Week 6 Schedule
Saturday, October 18
- International Racers at St. Louis Trotters, 7 PM (Wohl Recreation Center)
Sunday, October 19
- Lansing Capitals at Kenosha Ballers, 5 PM (Boys & Girls Club)
- Kansas City Kryptonite at International Racers, 8 PM (Lithuanian World Center)